Monday, October 26, 2009

Learning Something New!

I have always wanted to learn to knit! Every year I get the needles and a ball of yarn out and I have to play around with it for about an hour until it starts coming back to me. All I ever manage to get the hang of is knitting a chain. I am not sure where to go from there. It seems like it could be very relaxing and something that you could get lost in, like a good book.

This year I have promised myself that I am going to do it. I am going to learn how to actually complete a project and make myself a scarf. I know once I figure out how to turn a corner, complete a row and begin a new one I will be on my way!

(image via flickr)

(image via flickr)

Now all I have to do is figure out what color and texture I want to use for my first project. There are so many to choose from and the possibilities are endless!

I'll let you know how it turns out!

1 comment:

  1. I just learned how to knit last year. I still haven't actually finished a project yet, but I have my 6 month old daughter for an excuse of not having time :) All I know how to do is a knit-stitch. It also took me quite a while to remember how to cast on before I got it right!
    Keep it up! It is a lot of fun, once you really get the hang of it. There are all kinds of helpful tutorial videos out there on YouTube!
    Have fun:)

    ReplyDelete