Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Cherish time with loved ones!

Life as we know it seems to just pass us by, doing this/that going here/there! Have you told the people you care about the most how much they mean to you lately? Do they make you smile, laugh, or touch your life in a special way?  Maybe it is someone very close you see day in and day out or maybe it is someone you're not so directly connected to.  What ever your situation please don't let another minute go by without telling them how much they mean to you!

I have an aunt that is more like a sister and is only five years older than myself. She has been sick with cancer for some time now and her last months of life have just been hell.  It is so sad to watch someone you care so deeply about go through such a horrific ordeal.  I can honestly say that I have a new found respect for her, she gave it such a fight, the lord just needed her more.  Her battle, I am sure was like most struggling to stay alive and beat the deadly disease, her spirt was full of hope and she was willing to do what ever it took to beat it.  She had beat this nasty disease once, twice before.  I have to say that I for the longest time thought she would beat it again.

All I know is I am glad that I had the opportunity to spend some time with her and I really was able to tell her how I felt about her and what she meant to me.  We had so many things in common and I really looked up to her.  I will miss her dearly!  A part of my heart went missing today and life seems really bleak.  "Oh" dear lord please take good care of our Sweet Sweet Mary!  We will miss her bright shinning smile, her dear dear heart of gold and most of all her desire to live life to it's fullest.

May you rest in peace and comfort and may God bless your soul!
MAW  


2 comments:

  1. Oh no! I am so sorry to hear about your aunt. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi I just found your blog. I'm sorry to hear of your loss. I'm glad you got to let her know how much you loved her.

    ReplyDelete