Thursday, December 03, 2009

Checking the Christmas list!

Not once, but twice!


It really doesn't matter how many times you check the list, if your looking for one of these little guys you'll be looking well past the holiday season! I am actually ashamed to say I didn't know anything about these crazy little hamsters, until my mom had filled me in on them. How did I miss this one? After all I do have a nine year old! Unfortunately, these little guys will not be under our tree this year! Everywhere you go the shelves are empty, and "well" forget getting one online the prices are astronomical. This cute little toy retails for under $10 and are now going for $60 on the secondary-market sites like Amazon and Ebay. If this does not bring back memories of the old "Cabbage Patch Kids". Ok, now I am just dating myself. I remember wanting one of those crazy dolls so bad and there were several christmas' in a row that they were un-touchable.

As soon as I started looking into these Zhu Zhu pets, I myself couldn't help falling in love with them. With names like Mr. Squiggles, Pipsqueak and Num Nums they scoot and coo like real pets. The kids can add accessories like a car, skateboard and a wheel to their own little hamster world.

We can only hope that Santa will be ever so gracious to slide one under our tree. "Hey", grown ups can wish too can't they!

1 comment:

  1. Finally I got the chance to see this famous hamster! I'd heard about it everywhere, over the radio, news...but never seen it until now! I was curious. Thank you for sharing and hope you will have your wish come true!

    ReplyDelete